Shkoday Abinojiiwak Obimiwedoon
Support our many programs and staff!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Human Resources/Administrative Assistant will support daily HR activities and assist with the day to day operations of the human resource functions. Duties will include reviewing and recommending changes to the HR policies, job descriptions, job postings, hiring and onboarding processes. The HR Intern will participate in interview and onboarding candidates. In addition the HR Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Executive Director and RECE Supervisor.
- University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university with a degree or diploma in HR Management, Business Management or Business Administration field.
- Ability to apply HR principles in all aspects of human resource policies and procedures
- Effectively read and interpret information, present data in a resourceful and skillfully analyze information
- Must possess strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Must communicate clearly, both written and orally
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with the ability to be accurate, thorough and able to monitor work for quality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and ability to adapt to new technology, etc.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction and able to improve performance through management feedback
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture and language is considered an asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must have a successful Vulnerable Sector Check and valid First Aid/CPR Level “C”.
- Required to have successfully undergone a tuberculosis skin test and provide immunization record.
- Proof of double vaccination is required for this position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Shkoday is committed to providing our current and future employees with a workplace that is safe, healthy and fair. Applications requiring accommodations during the interview process should contact Human Resources by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 807-768-2342 to make arrangements.
Shkoday is committed to diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Shkoday encourages Indigenous people to apply and to self identify in their resume.
Meegwech to all who apply, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com